3539 88th Sreet, Jackson Heights, NY, 347-602-3571, Alison.Grillo@protonmail.com
The Press of Atlantic City 2020 to present
· Research and write stories on the environment, politics
· Research and write general assignment stories.
· Cover meetings.
· Coordinate photo shoots.
Business Writer (freelance) 2020 to present Business.com, Carlsbad, CA
· Write how-to articles on human resources management.
· Explain best practices for conforming to government regulations.
Comedic Performer and Speaker (self-employed) 2010-2019
· Performed stand-up comedy and spoke at colleges.
· Appeared at comedy clubs and other venues.
· Used video to enhance stories of personal experience.
· Employed PowerPoint.
· Two years' staff writer on daily newspaper.
· Freelance newsletter editor.
· Published fiction writer (Tin House, New Letters, Washington Square,
and anthologized by the University of Wisconsin Press and by
Tin House Books).
Emerson College, M.F.A. in creative writing.
· Wrote novel (creative thesis) on American politics.
· Completed coursework in American studies and literature.
· Taught freshman composition, survey literature and business writing.
Drew University, B.A. in economics and political science.
· Specialized in American government and political economy.
· Studied British politics during semester in London.
University of Texas at Austin, Lyndon. B. Johnson School of Public Affairs.
· Completed one year of coursework in public administration.
· Contributed to team-researched report on U.S. foreign policy
toward the developing world.
Winfred "Buzz" Keough, Managing Editor
The Press of Atlantic City
1000 W. Washington Ave.
Pleasantville, NJ 08232
James Melchiorre, Senior Video Producer/Director of Editorial Content
Trinity Chuch Wall Street
New York, NY 10006